- Cnr Blackwall Point Road & Great North Road, Abbotsford 'Abbotsford
Cove'was at the time, the largest waterfront development
ever undertaken on Sydney Harbour.
10 hectare site includes a 1.5 hectare public park, large water
feature, five swimming pools, two tennis courts, recreational clubhouse,
gymnasium and sauna.
development includes two heritage listed buildings; the grandiose
Georgian Abbotsford House, which was constructed in the 1880's and
gave the suburb its name, and the Queensland styled 'Pavilion'.
The 'Pavilion' was constructed by the Grace family during their
ownership of the Abbotsford estate. The 'Pavilion' has been relocated
and restored within the site to provide a major focal point for
the project, twenty separate stages were developed and major infrastructure
added. A significant effort was made to protect 144 listed heritage
trees and provide large areas of new open space for both the public
Cove' contains a mixture of 460 apartments and townhouses from luxury
waterfront penthouses to compact affordable apartments.