Location - 19 Carillion Avenue, Camperdown St
Andrew's College is a residential student College established in 1877,
within the grounds of Sydney University. The College recently became
co-residential which dramatically increased the College's need to
accommodate more students.
improve the collegiate atmosphere and provide additional student
accommodation a new wing along Carillion Ave was commissioned by
the College and designed by Clive Lucas, Stapleton and Partners.
The new wing contains 34 ensuite rooms, meeting rooms, archive room
and disabled access over five levels. The building features a sandstone
façade, lead light windows and a steeply pitched slate roof
to complement the original heritage building that it abuts. A gateway
structure provides a dramatic entry to the College. IPM was the
Project Manager and the builder was Stephen Edwards Constructions.
This project won a 2007 'MBA Excellence in Construction' Award.